Saturday, September 27, 2014

Skipper - Cold Pizza 'N' Pop



Artist: Skipper
Title: Cold Pizza 'N' Pop
Year: 2009
Label: Chocolate Covered Records
Tracks: 1.) Hangin' On The Telephone, 2.) Just Miles Away, 3.) You're So Charming, 4.) 'Til She Comes Around

You already know I am a Brian Hermosillo fan. Not too long ago I thought I knew everything about his music I needed to but then discovered Skipper and now I think this is the best stuff he's ever done. There's not a lot of info about them out there, but from what I can tell they were based out of Minneapolis and only existed for a short run at the end of the 2000s. Brian sang and played guitar and the rest of the band was filled out by Briana on bass and crystal on drums. I can't find any info about Briana and Crystal playing in other bands but they did sing backup vocals on a Boys Club 7". When they played live, they wore shirts with anchors on them as part of a loose nautical theme. 

This is the second Skipper release. The first was a split with Thee Makeout Party on Recordstar Records. After "Cold Pizza 'N' Pop", they released a 10" on Bachelor Records. There was at time talk that Douchemaster Records would release a full album but I guess that never happened. I'd love to know if an unreleased recording exists. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment