Monday, February 17, 2014

Outdoorsmen - Ain't Got No Chains



Artist: Outdoorsmen
Title: Ain't Got No Chains
Year: 2008
Label: Wild American Records 
Tracks: 1.) Ain't Got No Chains, 2.) When They Bury You Down

I normally hate any kind lewd and dirty music but for some reason the Outdoorsmen totally do it for me. Perhaps it's just that they make me think this is really the way they feel and they're not just doing it for shock value or perhaps it's because they strike me as such outsiders (no pun intended). All three members are from Hawaii and relocated to California and seem completely out of place from the established Bay Area music scenes. This type of hateful sludge is usually reserved for bands from the middle of the country. "Ain't Got No Chains" is the band at its garagiest and "When They Bury You Down" kind of sounds like Lightning Beat-Man channeling Billy Childish. They've got a bunch of other records I'll eventually post. I believe the Outdoorsmen no longer exist. The singer Chad is now in Life Stinks. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment