Sunday, February 16, 2014

Supersnazz - I Gotta Go Now



Artist: Supersnazz
Title: I Gotta Go Now
Year: 1996
Label: Estrus Records
Tracks: 1.) I Gotta Go Now, 2.) I Am A Cliche 

In my opinion this is right when Supersnazz got really good. I didn't care too much for their Sub Pop album from 1993 nor the few singles from the early 90s, but they put out this and the great The Devil Youth Blues album in 1996 and had it cooking by then. I don't believe the A-side was ever released on an album and the B-side is a tastefully done X-Ray Spex cover. This record also gets major cool points for coming in a comic book sleeve with art by Alex Wald. Supersnazz is still around, though less female and less Japanese than they used to be, but still worth supporting. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment