Monday, March 30, 2015

Various Artists - Chloroform



Artist: Various Artists
Title: Chloroform
Year: 1999
Label: Mangrove Records
Tracks: 1.) Cock Scratch "Wrong Idol", 2.) First Alert "Dear My Sweet Radio", 3.) The Young Ones "I Waiting For Your Miss", 4.) Engine Boo "Space Invader", 5.) Tonight "Papa Mama", 6.) The Knocks "Traffic Jam", 7.) Registrators "Radio Man", 8.) The Knocks "Don't Call For Me", 9.) Engine Boo "Fall Down", 10.) First Alert "I Wanna No More Lies", 11.) Registrators "Pogo Machine", 12.) Tonight "Flatterer", 13.) The Young Ones "Suck Me...", 14.) Cock Scratch "Make Your Face" 

I've mentioned this a few times; now here it is. You get two great songs by the pre-Intimate Fags and pre-Private Ways group Cock Scratch, the only two songs I've heard from them. (They have an impossible to find Japanese 7" I've never heard.) You get two raw, early Young Ones tunes. You get possibly my favorite Tonight song and then possibly my least favorite. You get one non-LP track from prime era Registrators and one of their best LP tracks. I don't have anything informative to say about The Knocks but they are good, too. First Alert and Engine Boo I can do without but others like them. 


Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment