Monday, March 27, 2017

The Lids - Live On WREK



Artist: The Lids
Title: Live On WREK
Year: 2003
Label: None
Tracks: 1.) Distracted, 2.) That's What I Know, 3.) Too Late, 4.) She's Been Around, 5.) No Good, 6.) Rumble, 7.) Get Lost, 8.) No Fool For You, 9.) Hello Josephine, 10.) Something To Do, 11.) Interview, 12.) I Didn't Cry, 13.) So Long

Here's a not widely shared set of The Lids live on Georgia Tech radio station WREK. I'm not positive what year this is from but my best guess might be 2003 because while most of these songs would be on their 2004 LP, I don't hear a bass player, so this may be before Mark joined the band. 


This is a great set but doesn't contain any forgotten unreleased originals. You get a bunch of the hits from the LP plus a half assed cover of Link Wray's "Rumble" (Bobby And The Soft Spots recorded another version in 2010) and then more serious covers of Fats Domino's "Hello Josephine" and The Pandoras' "I Didn't Cry". 

Photo by Canderson. 

Thanks to Dave F. for recording this. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment