Monday, July 14, 2014

Jumpin' Beans And Willie - Go Go Burger



Artist: Jumpin' Beans And Willie
Title: Go Go Burger
Year: 2000
Label: Ball Records
Tracks: 1.) Go Go Burger, 2.) Bus Driver

Jumpin' Beans And Willie may be the most mysterious group I ever post on here. All I can tell you is in the late 1990s Goner Records started carrying a series of 7"s from Jumpin' Beans And The Mustaches that were supposed to be incredibly crude and good. I never got any because they were pretty much all covers of well known sings and I diverted my limited funds to original tunes. Then came a few Jumpin' Beans and Willie 7"s and an LP with lots of originals so I bought this one and the LP. 

I have no idea who Jumpin' Beans is. I have no idea who Willie is but he was also in The Mustaches. I have no idea if they ever played any concerts. I do know all their releases are on Ball Records. I do know Ball Records has a Maine address. I do know Ball Records released at least 10 records and at least 8 of them have Jumpin' Beans on them. I can surmise that Jumpin' Beans ran Ball Records but I don't know for sure. That's all I can tell you. 

Enjoy. 

Major update: I have since found out Jumpin' Beans' real name is Aaron Haines. Willie is Will Berdan II. Aaron has a solo LP credited to A.M. Haines that is apparently some free jazz noise thing. Him and Willie are still playing together, now with a band called Celebrity Handshake that would be at home on this blog and previously with another group called Family Pet. Aaron is still releasing records, now under the Eastern Prawn label. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment