Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Makers - Here Comes Trouble




Artist: The Makers
Title: Here Comes Trouble
Year: 1993
Label: Estrus Records
Tracks: 1.) I Can't Stand It, 2.) The Mantis, 3.) Nobody Gonna Break My Soul

It's probably hard to convince people born in the 1980s that The Makers used to be good, but oh they were so so so so so good. These days you can't at all be taken seriously if you play garage rock rock and wear fancy clothes, but 20 years ago The Makers did it and got away with it. These guys were't garage turkeys. They were the real deal. I never lived anywhere near where they played back then, but their live shows were legendary for violence, chaos, and debauchery. 

This is their very first release from 1993. Everything they did between this and the end of 1995 is amazing, and they did a lot. "Nobody Gonna Break My Soul" is one of my favorite songs they did. I like to live in a world where The Makers didn't exist after 1995. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment