Saturday, July 12, 2014

M.O.T.O. - 4 Pac



Artist: M.O.T.O. 
Title: 4 Pac
Year: 1996
Label: MOC Records
Tracks: 1.) Meet Me By The Flagpole, 2.) The Things We Said And The Things We Did, 3.) Doing The Things We Want To Do, 4.) Making Love For The Rest Of My Life

People seem to be in two camps when it comes to MOTO and Paul Caporino. Either you think he's a genius or it's all pop punk dreck, with not much in between. I happen to think he's a genius. This is probably my favorite MOTO record. It's from the "dark ages" before his post-2000 Renaissance when he was just banging out hit after hit with just him and a drum machine. Thankfully we have the Single File compilation to preserve most of these recordings but this record was criminally not included. 

I have no idea what MOC Records is. I can only find record of four MOC releases and three of them involve MOTO. I'm inclined to say this was self-released, but the back of the sleeve lists separate addressed for the label and band, so that doesn't make a ton of sense if it was actually self-released. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment