Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Tennessee Tearjerkers - Unreleased Third Album



Artist: The Tennessee Tearjerkers
Title: Unreleased Third Album
Year: 2005
Label: none
Tracks: 1.) Dirty Nails, 2.) Charms, 3.) Short Term Plan, 4.) I Want You, 5.) Make You Mine, 7.) Original Mixed-Up Kid, 8.) Don't Touch, 9.) 100 Proof Man, 10.) Hell, 11.) Chills & Fever

Right after Mr. Airplane Man ceased to be active, Margaret Garrett moved to Memphis and did a stint in Jack Oblivian's Tennessee Tearjerkers, where she would become the only member other than Jack to ever write songs and handle lead vocals. They released two 7"s and then I think Margaret moved back to Boston and Jack moved on with the John Paul Keith era of the Tearjerkers and I thought that was that. 

Then one day I found this unreleased third album hosted online and saw there were a few more songs from this period. This is the way I found it. I have no idea what song #6 is but I don't have it. I also have no idea if there's a song #12 or beyond. Anyways, "Chills & Fever" and "I Want You" came out on a single from Brown Sound Records. "Dirty Nails", "100 Proof Man", and "Original Mixed-Up Kid" was released on a 7" by Bancroft Records. "Dirty Nails" and "Chills And Fever" were also released on the Flipside Kid LP. As far as I know none of these other songs were ever released. 

If anyone has a real copy of this and would like to help me out with the sixth song and potentially others, please get in touch. 

Sample: here

No comments:

Post a Comment